I want you to know that I would in no way ever want to push my thoughts or beliefs onto other people. I'm not here to convert, evangelize, or convince. I am here to explore, question, and share. I am very open-minded in my own beliefs. Additionally, I am completely respectful of any and every belief. I do not believe my way is correct. Nor do I believe any way is correct or "the right way" or "the only way." The world is not black and white. We all have different life experiences, different cultures, different values. Naturally, we are going to find different things that bring our lives meaning and purpose.
I have amazing friends. When I think about it, their beliefs really cover the spectrum. From Mormon to Agnostic, from Catholic to Atheist, and everything in between. And you know what I love most? That we all have a deep respect for our differences. And at the same time, I feel like I can engage in conversations about faith or lack-there-of with any of them. We don't feel the need to tip-toe around our differences. Don't you hate that? When you feel like you can't discuss a topic with a friend because it could lead to potential awkwardness? I say, dive in!
So this is my disclaimer: I'm going to talk about spirituality. I'm going to use this space to work out many of the questions that I'm currently struggling with. Life, faith, God, humans, earth, death, connection. If you have a difference of opinion, then I celebrate that! I'm so glad you aren't mindlessly swallowing everything you hear without questioning it. I think that life is a beautiful mystery, and it's not really up to us to "solve" it, because then there wouldn't be any mystery...
Rob Bell, one of my favorite Christian authors, says that faith "is more about celebrating the mystery than conquering it." I love that.
Peace,
Chelsea

No comments:
Post a Comment