Dec 1, 2011

Gilbert Week: Day 6

Well, this will be the last installment of "Gilbert Week."  I know it's been more like a month... but I wanted to finish the series.  I leave you today with some wise words from Eat, Pray, Love:

"The Bhagavad Gita--that ancient Indian Yogic text--says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.  So now I have started living my own life.  Imperfect and clumsy as it may look, it is resembling me now, thoroughly."


Do not judge others just because their lives do not resemble your life or your expectations.

Don't wish for what others have, or to be somebody else.  Their's is not your life to live!  

Let yourself be guided by your own heart, not by society's expectations.

Dare to challenge convention.


Thank you, Elizabeth Gilbert, for being an incredible writer and for sharing
so much of yourself through your work!

1 comment:

  1. oh chelsea! Thank YOU for writing and sharing! I love that quote! And I like the picture of the girl with the notes... it really looks like you :)

    ReplyDelete