Jan 23, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

It's a gray, rainy day today in LA.  I'm grateful that I'm sitting here inside with a hot cup of coffee, listening to the rain.


It's been a while since I've been here!  The holidays kept me super busy, but in a good way.  When I got back, I worked a lot of extra hours training for my new job at Gymboree.  Chris has been flying all over the country for internship interviews: Boise, Chicago, and Huntington, West Virginia.  This morning I took him to the airport and he's off to New York!  We had to leave the house at 6am and I was singing, "Da da daa da daa.  Da da daa da daa... Start spreading the news.  You're leaving today... You want to be a part of it-- New York!  New York!"  I'm not sure if Chris appreciated it.

With Chris gone, I've spent a lot of time alone this month.  I'm pretty used to it by now, and I do get lonely sometimes but it's not too bad.  Honestly, my biggest challenge when I'm alone is staying motivated and productive.  There is still a lot of work to do on the house-- cleaning and rearranging to make room for the extra stuff I brought back from Tucson.

The highlight of January so far, was when we went "waterfall hunting" last weekend with Chris's friends Brent and Quinn.  Brent is a professional photographer and wanted to take some photos of waterfalls in the Malibu/Calabasas area.  Chris has got a full-fledged man crush on Brent-- they both love surfing, climbing, photography.  It's super cute :-)


The group.  Almost looks like Oregon!



The waterfall!  So, it was more of a trickle than a waterfall due to low rain...


Enchanted forest


Chris and Brent doing their thing. 


Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks so pretty!! Love you Chels! Lets talk soon!!

    ReplyDelete